apathy
n. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.
Lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.
_______________________________________________
Apathy holds me in a death grip at times. It is a thief. It steals days, weeks, months. It is my enemy. It is seductive and wily and sly. It is a drug. I crave it and go through my days as if it's my only friend. It is a monster. It has teeth and claws and eats my life.
Once in a while I realize I have been lulled. It has me and I am heart-broken at the time I've wasted. There is so much to do. There is so much to learn. There are so many adventures to go on. So many challenges to face and conquer.
Fight the nothing. The nothing is so powerful that it doesn't have to do anything. It just is.
Gray, thick, and oppressive.
Passion. Conquering hero.
Go out and find it and grab it and when you've used that passion up, go out and find more.
There is so much out there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home