January 23, 2012

affected

I sit alone, writing my thoughts. I do a quick internal check to see how things stand. I am pretty pleased with the way my life is going. My job is good. My home is nice. I have a new project I'm about to tackle so challenges continue to present themselves.

There's only one thing missing. It's a person, actually. I don't know his name or what he does for a living. I don't know where he lives or what his life has been like. He will be less than perfect just like me. He will know me and love me. He will allow me to create and be. He will not be afraid of my intensity. He will tell me when I'm wrong and argue with me when I'm obstinate. We will take each other for granted in the most kind and loving ways. We will be amazed and amused by each other. We will share passion. And we will share peace.

I thought I met him once, but that man was not affected.

So I continue to sit alone, writing my thoughts, doing internal checks of my life and generally staying pretty pleased with the way things are going.
 - Deb Parker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home