January 07, 2016

Sad...

I was thinking about sad today.  Sad is really soft.  It's the slow lazy river of the emotions.  There is no energy to it.  No up and down waves.  It's just soft and slow and calm.  The biggest action it takes is to make you spring leaks. 

I was sad today.  I don't get that way often.  In fact, it's been so long since I was sad that I had to think about it for a while to figure out what it was.  I gave up sad a long time ago.  I still do the rest of the emotional range but sad is just so... non-productive.  So... pointless.  So... pitiful. 

Anger is sharp.  It bites.  It stings.  It has purpose and reason and an objective. 

Worry is nagging.  It grips.  It pinches.  It hangs on your mind like a leach. 

Fear is intense and gripping and spiking and squeezing.

Anticipation is pulling and wishing and hoping.

After I thought about all these for a while, I remembered the one I love the most.

Joy.  Happiness.  Wonder.

So I reached for my joy.  I stopped the leak.  The leak is from an old sadness anyway.  Life is so full of wonder.  There is no need to reach back for sad.  Sad is so lacking in every purpose.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home